Please note ~ As of 2016, I am no longer an award poster. Thanks!!
I have been trying to figure out who and/or how I’m going to go about choosing award recipients to the Liebster Award I was recently nominated for from The Belmont Rooster.
But, then… Before I could figure out my nominees for that award, My Watering Can nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blog Award! Yeah!
The odd reason I’ve not gotten to this sooner is that I exclusively use my phone app to do all my reading. I can make and reply to comments. No need to use the full computer for that. The unfortunate part is that it’s a mobile version I’m viewing and I don’t get to see the the blogger’s theme, sidebars or anything else but the post. This means, although I totally enjoy the blogs I choose to read, I don’t know if they have under 200 followers, or any of the other rules some of these awards have. I don’t know if they are even receptive to awards…
So, although I’m going to post the RULES to the ‘Very Inspiring Blogger’ Award, I doubt I’ll be able to pull 15 bloggers out to pass it on to. I’m also going to do some multi-tasking and nominate folks for the Liebster Award also!
Here are the rules for the Very Inspiring Blogger award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Very Inspirational Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
My first order of business is to thank my nominator: My Watering Can! Although our relationship is young, we’re practically neighbors & we’ve got many hobbies in common, mainly gardening! She has many great posts to peruse about the environment, food, and natural health. If she didn’t already have this award, I would have nominated her!
Seven things about me:
- I don’t like winter… Well, cold winters.
- When someone asked me what I want from my government, I said, “NOTHING”.
- I’m going to give grant writing a whirl.
- I want to sell everything and travel in my camper wherever the roads take me.
- I’m getting my concealed carry license next month.
- I can calculate geometry (right brained), but all other math stumps me.
- My 2 fav books are: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Universe & The United States Air Force Search & Rescue Manual.
Very Inspiring Blogger Award: Kweenbe’s Wired Shopping Guide
OK, This is pretty sad. I have literally gone through MY ENTIRE READER LIST and can’t find anyone that either hasn’t gotten it already, has turned down previous awards or isn’t placing them on their blog. (This is an award free blog)
ADDING THE AWARD TO YOUR POST:
There are instructions on this page (http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/blog-button/adding-the-blog-button/) that explain how to get the “button” to your blog. OR you can go to the blog that shows a video posted with my Liebster Award, LORRAINE REGULY’S LIFE at:http://lorrainemariereguly.wordpress.com/2013/09/17/how-to-add-images-to-your-sidebar/
Adding award logos to a post is as simple as adding a photo. I just make a new folder, open it and drag the award images to the folder. Then the logos are in a folder on the desktop and can easily be added to your post.
© Ilex Farrell ~ Midwestern Plant Girl