Everyone received their WP Monkey something or another last week. I do look at my stats, however I don’t LOOOOK at my stats. I did find many things in this report interesting!
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 56,000 times in 2014. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 21 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
I find it odd WP didn’t find an American location for me like some of the other folks I follow…
In 2014, I wrote 267 new posts. I rarely do weekends, that time is for me… However, that’s usually when I take the photos for the posts!
These are the posts that got the most views in 2014.
1. How to Use Regular Playing Cards to Predict the Future
2. Poison Ivy – Leaves of 3, Let Them Be – Leaves of Five, Let Them Thrive!!
3. 13 Illinois Toads and Frogs
4. The Ground is Falling! The Ground is Falling! Why Florida is Sinking
5. Camping at Adeline Jay Geo-Karis Illinois Beach – State Park
I truly don’t understand how the Tarot Card post is my big hitter. On New Year’s day, I got over 200 hits on that post alone. Scary.
Instead of handing out awards that take a lot of time to do*… I’m going to celebrate my readers in a different way..
My top 3 Commenters in 2014 were:
- eLPy – Little Face Publications: I love her poetry, crazy birds and beautiful orchids. She writes novels and publishes herself. How awesome is that?!?
- scifihammy – Mad Cap Dog: I can’t get enough of Mr. Spaghetti Legs, Monkey and Sparky. She keeps me sane with colorful flowers in winter from her Cape Town, South African home.
- easyweimaraner – Easy Blog: Easy is the best friend a pair of humans could have. His mom is a bit clumsy and dad has some bad plumbing, however this makes for many hilarious posts!
Other strong contenders:
- Andrew – All Downhill From Here: Andrew takes great photos of many things, it’s hard to pick a fav. He is also ruled by Her Majesty the Queen, Lulu. You’ll have to click to find out more 😉
- Judy – New England Garden and Thread: Judy has many talents other than gardening, she can weave threads into many beautiful things.
- Kathryn – Art-Colored Glasses: Her artwork is beyond amazing! She has acute observation skills, which makes for interesting posts. She can make you think, then make you laugh…
- Susan – Saddle Seeks Horse: I’ve followed Susan through the search for her new horse and her eventually finding her new buddy, Knight!
- Emily – Bella Remy Photography: Her bird photos amaze me to no end! She has the patience of a saint being able to wait for that one great shot. Ask her about her ‘bird blind!’
- Sylvia – Spanishwoods: Sylvia and her son, Wolfgang take amazing photos and write moving prose.
- Ady – Round World and Me: Ady shares stories from India, along with her beautiful photography. She always has a nice word to say =-)
- Crooked Tracks – A wonderful selection of Minnesota’s nature, dogs, beautiful artwork and so much more.
- Sarah – Travels With Choppy: See how much of a great sport Choppy is as mom dresses her up and takes her across the country! There’s a chuckle in every post!
- Ingrid – Live Laugh RV: Ingrid not only hails from a nearby city, she and her hubby have embarked on life in an RV full-time. I suck-up her useful info like a sponge, as we hope to take the same journey soon!!
- Suchedtwo: I’ve learned a lot about the history of Australia and love the garden photos.
This is just a small snapshot of my community. I apologize to anyone I may have missed.
I have been blogging, regularly for two years now. Readers have come and gone. Bloggers I follow have also fell off the earth. For whatever reason, they have stopped posting. I keep them listed in my reader, hoping they would come back, however, very few have.
I hope to continue to write this blog, maybe even start another with a completely different topic. I enjoy writing and the friends that I have met during this endeavor.
I wish everyone the best! Keep on writing!!
Always, Ilex Farrell
*If you’d still like an award, please feel free to consider yourself nominated for any award I have!