So, after mucho research, I finally decided on which new convertible laptop I was going to purchase and pulled the trigger last night. It was a tough decision, as we’re talking a jump in 2 operating systems, stupid things like MIA keypads, touchscreen capability and many more upgrades. I’m not a techno-phobe, I’m a geek, however I don’t want to be a guinea pig. I rarely buy new technology. I am not in line for the newest Galaxy when it comes out. Let them get a few system fixes under their belts, then I’m on. Example, Windows 8 or 8.1 we’re the first that integrated the new touchscreen capability. Not an operating system I’d want to buy. Like it or not, Windows 10 has got to be better, as it got all the input from the guinea pigs that used W8. Hence why they were giving W10 away! I hope so, that is, as I’m going to have to find out. No, I’m not a MAC, ipad or iphone fan, please don’t suggest.
I love my old W7 Acer laptop even tho:
- The battery hasn’t worked in 2 years.
- The keyboard has gaps that collect crap & when I shoot it with air, the letters fly off.
- Now the T, E, O keys have to pressed extra hard for them to register. his causes many typs 😉
- The thermostat doesn’t work well, and doesn’t turn the fan on until the unit gets fairly warm. Nice in winter, tho.
I think I’m a pretty easy customer, but then again, I still had my needs in a laptop. I wanted:
- A large one, 15.6″ screen, at least. I’ve got a 10″ tab already, I want to be able to see the screen without readers 😎
- A high quality screen. Back to the lack of vision dealio. Also for my landscape design program, better to see things with!
- A keypad! The Lenovo Yoga @ 15.6″ didn’t have one! I fly through Excel spreadsheets by keying in with my left hand and mousing with my right. That was the deal-breaker on the Yoga for me =-( Many other laptops have ditched it also.
- I wanted a convertible, which I know I’m taking a chance on this design, but I’ll be careful! I promise.
- Every other thing in a laptop was not a deal-breaker for me. Price limit was $900, however looking to save.
Without further adieu, I decided on an HP ENVY x360 with an i7 processor, 15.6″ screen, keypad, convertible laptop for $850. It should arrive later this week. I’ll let you know how it goes… Wish me luck 😉
What kind of ‘puter do you drive?
Time in its aging course teaches all things. Aeschylus
Learn what I found blooming in 2013 – 2014 – 2015
Yarrow and echinacea
Achillea ‘Moon Dust’ ~ Yarrow || Anemone ‘Honorine Jobert’ ~ Windflower
Gaillardia ‘Gallo Fire’ ~ Blanketflower || Veronicastrum ‘Lavender Towers’ ~ Culver’s root or Black root
Platycodon grandiflorus ‘Sentimental Blue’ ~ Balloon flower || Achillea ‘Moonshine’ ~ Yarrow
Acanthus mollis ~ bear’s breeches, sea dock, bearsfoot or oyster plant – I so want one!!! || Amorpha canescens ~ Leadplant
A thistle. One of these days I’ll get around to learning them… Along with asters! || An elderberry bush planted itself in my yard!!! Mmmm!
© Ilex – Midwestern Plant Girl